Eon Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A sanctuary for fans of anything to come together.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Poké Earth

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
CopperCat
Admin
CopperCat

Poké Earth Empty
PostSubject: Poké Earth   Poké Earth Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 9:00 pm

The planet Earth has been home to humans and pokémon alike for thousands of years. The origin of pokémon is still unknown, as history indicates their arrival in hordes as a spontaneous occurrence after the beginning of civilization. In modern day America, life is simpler than it could be. Jobs are made easier by the sentient animals, their bodies and skills improve healing enough to make health care nearly free, even in the U.S. Many have made their livings simply farming and breeding pokémon, who sentient and intelligent, are quite difficult to handle without love and care. Near the threshold of adulthood, it is quite common for the youth to wander out on their own, once authorized and licensed to handle pokémon, with a pokémon partner to discover their passions and talents. Today is September 1st, 2010, a national test date for all aspiring pokémon trainers to apply for their licenses.
Back to top Go down
CopperCat
Admin
CopperCat

Poké Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poké Earth   Poké Earth Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:07 pm

Maxwell Copernicus Casey stared into the screen ahead of him, in his own little testing booth at the Pokemon Registration and Preservation Department of Maryland.
"The best treatment for pokérus? That's a benign virus..."
With a click, he input his selection, 'D. Monitor pokémon for side effects but only engage in treatment if signs of malignancy appear."
The screen flashed "CASEY, MAXWELL C. TESTING COMPLETE" and went blank before him.
"Wow, 100 questions went by quickly...", He remarked nervously before rising from his chair and walking to the waiting quarters, the line ahead of him was short for a day at the PRPD, only about 40 waiting ahead of him for their results. He scanned the room for his best friend of several years, Riley, who was applying for her trainer's license as well.
Back to top Go down
Voltico
Voltico

Poké Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poké Earth   Poké Earth Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:15 pm

Riley Dawkins slipped into line behind Maxwell, having just completed her test. She wrung her hat nervously in her hands. "Err... how'd you do?" she asked hesitantly. She had put off studying to the last minute, and by all standards, 18 was a late age to be taking the test at anyway. The glistening pikachu face pinned to her jacket smiled mockingly up at her as she glanced down at it.
Back to top Go down
CopperCat
Admin
CopperCat

Poké Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poké Earth   Poké Earth Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:24 pm

Maxwell smiled at his friend, "I'm about to find out.", He said, looking up at the LED screen, scrolling through the recent test results.
"ID MCC- 012781: 93/100"
Maxwell grinned with relief.
"Glad I actually studied for this test. It was mostly common sense anyway, right Rile?"
He kept watching the screen, knowing his friend's score would be soon coming.
Back to top Go down
Voltico
Voltico

Poké Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poké Earth   Poké Earth Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:43 pm

93. That was pretty good. Max always knew so much about pokemon. Riley could feel the pit in her stomach growing. What if she didn't pass?

"Um? Er, yeah," she mumbled. Numbers scrolled by, passes and fails. Several minutes passed when finally the screen displayed, in big letters, "ID RD-786906: 99/100."

Suddenly her stomach was filled with butterfrees. Her eyes widened and she leaped up, pumping her fist in the air and shouting for joy. Suddenly realizing where she was, Riley settled down and quietly apologized to all the staring faces.
Back to top Go down
William Frost
William Frost

Poké Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poké Earth   Poké Earth Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 11:07 pm

Will looked up at the sky, placing his hands behind his head, his shinx trotting alongside him.
"...I wonder if what we did was the right thing to do, Korinku?" He sighed, closing his eyes.

The female shinx seemed to laugh, as it mewed an affirmative.

The boy smiled, looking towards the horizon as he reached down, and picked up the shinx, carrying her as he walked away from the burning building he had just left behind, along with his past.
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/williamfrost/
Apersondude1
Admin
Apersondude1

Poké Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poké Earth   Poké Earth Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 12:14 am

Poké Earth Aaron

High in the sky, a young man closed his complimentary in-flight magazine, having already completed the puzzles inside. Opening his carry-on, he began to rummage through it, shuffling around the contents: a few pokeballs, one of which held his partner, a gastly named Shadow; a pokedex registered in his name; a trainer's license listing his full name, Aaron Patrick Edwards, and date of birth, exactly 18 years, 10 months and 1 day ago; a large container filled with a wide variety of berries he had handpicked from the forest near his house; some miscellaneous potions and medicines with effects that the berries couldn't provide; a spare set of clothes, for in case the airline lost his checked bag; and finally, his MP3 player. After a bit of searching, Aaron found the small plastic music player, put on his headphones, turned the power on, and began looking for his favorite song. It was going to be a long flight, but in the end, it would all be worth it.

The plane's destination was a recently built hub, developed to provide greater access to the nearby communities. The region was quickly becoming popular amongst newly certified trainers due to still largely untouched rural setting said to be perfect for raising and bonding with pokemon. In order to provide convenience for humans, a few urban establishments had been placed in a centralized area. However, if one were to leave the "city", they would find very little signs of civilization for miles. Thanks to federal law, construction was heavily regulated for the surrounding area. The only structures allowed to be built were hospitals, small houses, and restaurants or cafes. Anything else required completion of a lengthy application and approval of the local branch of government.

Aaron had dreamt of the day he could go out on his own journey. His family owned a small farm, where they grew crops and raised pokemon. Aaron's parents taught him from a young age how to tend to the fields, and grow his own food, as well as proper care for the pokemon living under their care. Thanks to his upbringing, the trainer exam was no sweat for Aaron, who aced it on his first try a year ago.

Aaron spent the following year preparing for his current adventure. On his 18th birthday. he received a gastly egg from his parents, who had been entrusted with it by a family friend. After hatching, Aaron was given the task of caring for the young pokemon by himself. Happy to have a chance to prove himself, Aaron quickly bonded with Shadow, and the two became best friends and partners. About a month ago, one of Aaron's friends had announced he was leaving on a pokemon journey. Having already thought of doing this himself, Aaron began to research possible destinations, weighing the pros and cons of each.

Finally, he decided on an area whose surroundings reminded him of his home, a simple field near a large forest. There was even a lake not far away. There would be plenty of open space to explore, many new friends to be made, human and pokemon alike, and there was the always exciting promise of adventure. Aaron was getting tense with anticipation. He couldn't wait for the plane to land, and it had only just taken off only 30 minutes ago.

Last edited by Apersondude1 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
CopperCat
Admin
CopperCat

Poké Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poké Earth   Poké Earth Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 1:20 am

Maxwell smiled at Riley, "99%? Their machine must have a 1% margin of error, eh?"
Riley had always been prodigious when it came to science and the forces of nature, and he never for a second doubted she would pass the test, or even outdo him in a landslide.
"Next applicant... Maxwell Casey.", called the woman tending the desk ahead. Maxwell moved to the head of the line, surprised at how quickly the others had filed away.
The lady at the front of the line smiled weakly, obviously exhausted from the flood of new trainers on the busiest day of the year. She handed him a manilla envelope.
"Fill the pink forms out and put them in the drop box by the photo room. Then proceed inside for your ID photograph.", she said boredly, shooing him along and reading the list in front of her. "Next applicant, Riley Dawkins."
Maxwell leaned the form on the wall as he buzzed through it and dropped it into the box on the wall, hurrying to the photo room.
As he entered, he was suddenly herded under a spotlight in front of a large green screen. Several posters of trainers in the same triumphant pose plastered the walls.
"Assume the position in the posters, please.", Said the cameraman without looking up.
Maxwell smiled embarassedly and assumed the position, feeling quite silly.
"D-do I have to do this? I look like an idiot."
"Sorry, kid, if you want it to be official, this is how it's gotta be." A flash preserved the humiliation for years to come.
The photographer handed him a plastic card, hot from the press. Maxwell gazed down with pride.

Poké Earth Coppergenerated-1

He left the room dizzily, proceeding to the final counter, an automated service machine greeted him.
"Insert pokedex for activation."
Maxwell knew what it wanted. He reached into the bottom of the envelope and retrieved a small book-shaped terminal, flipped out the USB drive and inserted it in the port in the machine.
"Trainer ID scan required."
Maxwell then pulled out his new license and inserted it into the blinking slot on the machine, several minutes later, prompted to remove each.
"Trainer- Maxwell Copernicus Rowley. Insert alias?"
He pressed his hand against the terminal and typed, C-O-P-P-E-R.

"... Trainer COPPER
Registration complete. Apply for first pokemon?"
With a press to the NO button on the terminal, Copper walked out the front door and took a seat on the bench by the bus stop, waiting for Riley to finish as well.

Last edited by CopperCat on Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
William Frost
William Frost

Poké Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poké Earth   Poké Earth Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 2:19 am

The boy stopped and reached into his pocket, pulling out his Pokedex and Trainer card.
Poké Earth Trainer-4
"...So, this is my new beginning, huh? Well where do I go now...?" He mused, slipping them both back into his pockets as he continued walking.
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/williamfrost/
Voltico
Voltico

Poké Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poké Earth   Poké Earth Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 7:11 am

Riley blushed. "It was just some lucky guesses. I'm sure you know more than me."

--- --- ---

She was still blinking the lights out of her eyes when she plugged in her pokedex and scanned her ID, quickly slipping the embarrassing photo back into her pocket.

Poké Earth Volt

"Input alias?" the screen blinked at her. She hesitated for a moment, then tapped in V-O-L-T.

"Trainer VOLT. Apply for first pokemon?" she rapped the NO icon and rushed out to the bus stop to meet up with Max. Jamming her hat down on her head, she slid to a stop in front of the bench.
Back to top Go down
CopperCat
Admin
CopperCat

Poké Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poké Earth   Poké Earth Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 1:00 pm

Maxwell watched as Riley approached him.
"All set up?", He asked rhetorically as the bus approached the bench.
"Gotta stop by home and pick up the rest of my gear and say goodbye to mom. Then it's off to the train station. What about you?", He asked as they boarded the vehicle together, watching through the window as the department disappeared behind them as they moved down the clean suburban roads.
Back to top Go down
Voltico
Voltico

Poké Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poké Earth   Poké Earth Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 1:41 pm

Riley stared out at the flashing scenery, pensive. "I hadn't really thought about it. When I get home I'm gonna pick up Lyrel, and get her registered." The bus pulled in to another stop. She turned back to Maxwell. "If you don't mind waiting a bit, think there's room for one more on that train ride?" she asked, smiling.
Back to top Go down
CopperCat
Admin
CopperCat

Poké Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poké Earth   Poké Earth Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 1:49 pm

"If we hurry, there will be.", Maxwell replied flipping open his pokedex. The latest models doubled as cellular phones, and having had to use his mother's so many times, he knew easily how to operate one. He dialed in the number on the back of his train ticket and held the speaker to his ear.
"Hello, Cross-Country Railway? I need to reserve a seat on the 4:40. Riley Dawkins. 786906. Yes. Alright, thank you."
He hung up his dex and slipped it back into his pocket, smiling at her as hers beeped and lit up, signaling a new message.
Maxwell stood up, the bus coming to a halt near his home. "Just gotta catch my first. I'll meet you at the station at 4, Riles.", He said, skittering down the steps and onto the sidewalk.
Back to top Go down
Voltico
Voltico

Poké Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poké Earth   Poké Earth Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 2:19 pm

"See you there." Riley smiled as the bus pulled out of the stop. Hers was the next one, and it wasn't a long walk home from there, but she pulled on her headphones and turned on her MP3 player anyways.

The bus slowed to a stop and she hopped down the steps and trotted off towards her house. Jogging in tune with the music, she opened the door and stepped in without breaking stride, pulling her headphones down in the same motion. "I'm back from the test, mom!" she shouted to the house, and proceeded to run up the stairs. Riley's music was blasting out of her headphones at max volume as she packed her things.

"When all of your tears dry," Lyrel sang along, "Let your troubles roll by!" Her mom stood in the doorway, tears in her eyes and a smile on her face. Riley closed up the black bag that had her spare clothes and the starting supplies her mom had purchased a week earlier. She turned to look at her mom, and the chatot perched on her shoulder. Riley couldn't control the smile on her face and told her mom all about the test and everything that had happened and what her plans were, and they spent some last minute quality time together before leaving for the train station.

Last edited by Voltico on Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CopperCat
Admin
CopperCat

Poké Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poké Earth   Poké Earth Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 10:22 pm

Maxwell pushed the door open a crack. Not a sign of the fossils. Hurriedly he moved up the stairs and into his room, where his mom was waiting.
"Everything ready to go?", He asked her.
"Yes, they're all in the bag..." His mother responded nervously.
"Don't worry too much, mom. We're doing the right thing here, and I won't let myself get caught."
"You'd better not... I... won't have my son in prison."
"I'm going to find Arnold at the rescue house, right?"
"Yeah, I'll send you a map marker on your dex tonight."
Maxwell hugged his mother. "You're sure you've got Jev taken care of.", he asked, referring to his disabled brother.
"We'll be fine.", She replied gloomily. "You had to leave sometime. I'm just glad that you took the opportunity to help with the family business."
Maxwell turned to leave.
"Oh and sweetie..."
"Yeah. mom?"
"Nemo's in the front pocket. I think you should keep him with you. You two seemed so close."
Maxwell smiled excitedly. "Thanks, mom!", he ran down the stairs, hugged his brother goodbye and jogged down the sidewalk, suddenly stopping to unzip the front pocket of his bag. From it, he pulled a small red pokeball. Pushing it into his pants pocket, he began to jog with renewed vigor, down to the train station, where the passage to his new life would soon greet him.
Back to top Go down
Voltico
Voltico

Poké Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poké Earth   Poké Earth Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 2:44 pm

"Hey!" Riley shouted, "Hey, over here!" She ran to meet Maxwell as he entered the crowded train station. "I couldn't wait, so we got here early. You know how I am." She brushed hair out of her face reflexively. Lyrel landed on her shoulder once more, cocking her head at the familiar trainer. Riley smiled and scratched the chatot's wings. "We got her registered on the way over here, so now we're officially partners, and ready for battle, or anything that may come our way."
Back to top Go down
kiril falara
kiril falara

Poké Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poké Earth   Poké Earth Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 3:36 pm

^az been zitting on da train for almozt an our now.^
^ iz ziny zangooze, iz partner, az well az iz zecret lover, waz zitting neckzt to im, out of er ball, az uzual, ee didnt like to uze iz pokeball on err, dey ad been freindz for yearz before ee caugt err, aving met er in a forezt near iz ouze, dey ad played and grown up toggedder, playing ide and zeek, playing tag, da day before ee left to ztart iz journey, dey ad confezzed dere love for eac udder, and ad mated near da lake in da forezt, zee den ad taken one of iz pokeballz, and caugt erzelf wit it, zo dat zee wouldnt be caugt by anyone elze^
"this is boring kiril..." kira whispered to her master.
"shhhhhhh" "if anone else realises you can speak human they might freak out..."
"ah yes... i forgot how silly you humans are..."
"heheheh... yeah... but thats why you loooove me" kiril said, sticking his toungue out at the zangoose and scratching behind her ears.
"hmmmm loks like he last of the passengers are getting on master" she said, pointing out the window to a female trainer with a chatot.
"about damn time...."
"hey master?"
"yeah?"
"when will we have our first battle together?"
"you know how i feel about putting you in danger kira..."
"but master... i wanna fight..."
"enough... dont speak of it again." kiril said, as he closed his eyes to sleep.
Back to top Go down
CopperCat
Admin
CopperCat

Poké Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poké Earth   Poké Earth Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 3:55 pm

"Good to see you both so motivated.", Maxwell said, smiling. "I'm hoping we won't get into any fights, at least until we're in Endhaven. According to the station tables, it'll still be a day until we arrive. Rather surprising too. This beauty apparently made it here from Massachusetts in a little over an hour." Maxwell quieted shyly as he realized he'd gone off on another short burst of boring information. "We'd better find a compartment and set up before the train takes off without us.", he said stepping up onto a car and opening the door by scanning his pokedex, revealing a hallway of 8 separate compartments.
Back to top Go down
Voltico
Voltico

Poké Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poké Earth   Poké Earth Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 4:05 pm

Riley followed Maxwell up into the train and looked down the row of compartments. "Wow, looks pretty full," she said. "That one has room," she announced, pointing down at one of the last compartments. The compartment held only a boy and an off-colored zangoose. "C'mon," she teased Maxwell, "let's go make some friends." She trotted down the aisle and slid open the door to the compartment. "Mind if my friend and I sit here?"
Back to top Go down
kiril falara
kiril falara

Poké Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poké Earth   Poké Earth Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 4:09 pm

*notices the female trainer from outside the window*
"errrr sure... go ahead and sit down..."
"but master..." kira whispers to kiril, "i thought we were going to..."
"shhhh"
*makes room for the traner*
Back to top Go down
Voltico
Voltico

Poké Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poké Earth   Poké Earth Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 4:13 pm

"Thanks," said Riley to the boy as she pushed her bag up into the overhead storage. "Wow," she marveled at the boy's pokemon. "That's such a beautiful-" she began, but was cut off with a squawk from her partner.

"Hi there," chimed Lyrel, in the voice of Riley's mother.
Back to top Go down
CopperCat
Admin
CopperCat

Poké Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poké Earth   Poké Earth Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 4:16 pm

Maxwell shyly followed her into the compartment. In a way, he was glad he had Riley to do all the talking. Without her confidence, he likely would have found himself staying in the hallway for the remainder of the 20-hour train ride.
"Hello...", He muttered, sitting down on the far edge of the compartment and beginning to organize his pokedex.
Back to top Go down
kiril falara
kiril falara

Poké Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poké Earth   Poké Earth Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 4:20 pm

*kira shuffles closer to kiril*
"yes... she is rather beautiful isnt she... interesting pokemon you have there, we dont get any of those where i come from"
"zaaaaaan" kira blushes from kirils statement.
Back to top Go down
Voltico
Voltico

Poké Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poké Earth   Poké Earth Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 4:32 pm

Riley smiled at the zangoose, then turned to her trainer. "I'm Riley, by the way. And this," she said, scratching the chatot's wings, "is Lyrel."

"Lyrel!" squawked the bird pokemon, mimicking her trainer's voice. Riley giggled.

"We've been friends for a while now, and I registered her as my partner just today, after passing my trainer's exam."
Back to top Go down
kiril falara
kiril falara

Poké Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poké Earth   Poké Earth Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 4:36 pm

"ahhhh a new trainer, yeah, me and kira here, have been travelling for about a year now."
"ZAAAN"
"yeah.... as my partner just said... we dont fight very oft--
"ZAN"
"..... at all..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Poké Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poké Earth   Poké Earth Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poké Earth
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum